Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Went to an AFL game...

... last weekend. I didn't totally understand the rules but it was a fun time nontheless. It was Sydney vs. Brisbane and Sydney won the game by a fair margin. People are pretty into it here and all the fans made it a bit more interesting. It was on my list of things to do while I was here so glad I got to see it. I will have to see a Rugby game sometime, they look intense. Anways here is a couple pictures of the stadium.

This was outside the stadium on the way in to the game. Its just a bit outside Sydney

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

This is right at the entrance, Telstra is a telecommunication company if anyone is curious.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The field as seen from my seat, got a pretty good view from where we were and the beer stand wasn't far away either ^.^

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I also just thought I would mention quickly about the death of Steve Irwin. I had just been watching a couple episodes of Crocodile Hunter last week and was thinking I should catch some more later on when I heard yesturday morning about the tragic news. I personally feel he did alot of great things for Australia and for animal conservation everywhere. I'm sure he will be sorely missed by everyone.

-Pure

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home