Sunday, July 23, 2006

Finally some pics

I have finally found some time to get online for a little while, although it is a 1:30am. My trip has been going excellent so far, I got to do a few fun things and there is more on the way.

So far we have driven from Christchurch to Picton and then took the ferry across to the north island. From there we drove through Wellington, through Taupo and into Rotorua for a couple nights. In Rotorua I went zorbing and also went to see some of the hotsprings and mudpools. After that I headed to Waitomo to go caving which was incredible. After abseiling down 100 meters into the cave you walk for a little while and then take a zipcord ride in the dark. After the zipride we had a cup of tea and a snack and then jumped into the underground river with inflatable tubes. As we floated down the river we could see glow worms in the ceiling, we then rode down a small waterfall thing and then swam for a bit before climbing up a few waterfalls to get back outside. From there we headed to Auckland for a night and we have just returned to Wellington to take the ferry back to the South island for glacier hiking in a couple days time. My roommate has all the caving pics (from outside the cave) so I will have to get those later. Enjoy these for now!

-Pure

This was the first place I stayed at in Picton. It was a pretty cosy place with nice scenery too.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

On the ferry to the north island, it was rough waters later on too that made it a little more interesting.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

This was at the zorbing place, my roommate has pics of us going down too which I will post later.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Me in my zorb gear.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Testing the waters at the thermal pools.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Thats all for now, more coming soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home