Wednesday, November 10, 2004

A little misleading Eggggggr

While what you said was true, you edited it (for some reason I can't determine) to look worse than it is.

I have bolded portions which I believe to be particularly important. Nature's Blessing was exactly as you said, but clearly they are trying to get elves to diversify instead of all being water. Some of it sucks, but I think mages especially get a HUGE boost and at the same time get diverted away from cancel. I think elves will adapt. Water elves will lose a little bit but I thought they'd get nerfed long before this anyway. Overall I actually think most of this looks like a whole lot of fun and will make the game and especially fights a lot more fun.

[Body to Mind] : HP 5 -> 20, recovered MP increased, delay greatly shortened
[Blood to Soul] : HP 50 -> 70, delay greatly shortened

[Wind Shot] : MP 20 -> 30, effect greatly increased, duration 10min. -> 15min.
[Wind Walk] : stacks with haste now
[Eye of Storm] : MP 30 -> 60, effect greatly increased, duration 10min. -> 15min.

[Iron Skin] : MP 20 -> 30, duration 15min. -> 30min.

[Cancellation] : MP/HP 35/15 -> 50/0, checks probability (!!!!!)


7. New magic spells have been added. To look at the new spells descriptions, please open the in-game help (Ctrl+H).

1) Mage's magic

* Level 7: Holy Walk, Berserkers
* Level 8: Fire Wall
* Level 9: Lightning Storm, Fog of Sleeping, Immune to Harm, Counter Direction
* Level 10: Create Magical Weapon, Great Resurrection, Mass Slow, Absolute Barrier, Advance Spirit, Freezing Blizzard

2) Elven Spirit Magic

* Common-line magic: Area of Silence

* Earth-magic: Entangle, Earth Bind (mistake?)

3) Dark Spirit Magic
Dress Mighty, Dress Dexterity, Dress Evasion


And here's an update I just found:
"Apparently the weight of arrows, silver arrows, mithril arrows, bring stones, dark stones, brave stone, wise stones, and kaiser stones have gone down. "

5 Comments:

Blogger Kazimir Stubitsch said...

First things first.. Biz.. you're a knight.. as far as I can see knight didn't get jacked.. so I am sure that if you were playing a elf (water elf, most specifically) you'd be a little upset by some these stupid updates..

I did not mean to throw people off I was jsut in a hurry and couldn't copy and past everything .. which is why I provided the link so ppl could go read things for themselves.. in full

Yes the spells being added are good.. blah blah blah wind stack..

I am water.. I am probobly not going to be able to front the large sun of adena Area of Silence is going to cost.. and no I am not going to switch to wind or earth.. so No I (as an elf) don't get any new spells..

So basically all I can see at this point that I like about the new event is that I can carry more arrows.. maybe a couple other things..

All I am saying is that I don't like changes (especially these ones) and I am hoping that most this shit doesn't make it to Live server.

/rant off~K.

3:08 PM  
Blogger bazooka joe said...

I never knew mages were only good for healing, they have the largest array of spells in game, you get the most points to distribute making them the most versitile class choosing from dex,con,wis,str,int...the list goes on. And if elves were so good at healing i'm still wondering why i see a mage "heal" slave running behind you and not an elf.

Yes heal pledge does suck, but then again so do spells in all classes. Heal pledge rocks because say your holding giran and there are 65 people in your pledge on 1 side of the wall..heal pledge will get them all. Nature Blessing has max compacity of 8.

As for elves gaining things, making certain spells last longer/cost less hp or mp won't make much of a difference. But screwing with a spell by making it cost spirit gems thats not logical. Why should u have to carry around 300+ s-gems for an hr long hunt just so you can heal the people in your party or yourself?

12:45 AM  
Blogger bazooka joe said...

Then I guess you could retract your statement about elves being better healer then then mages.

12:39 PM  
Blogger XSilverleafX said...

I think the main point elfs are trying to make is that if NB is taken away from us as being a useful spell then what will elfs have left? DE's are better with bows and long ranged weapons then elfs, Knights and De's do more damage and mages get more spells and use them better. We dont have the strong ac of a knight to take hits and cant carry enough pots to heal ourselfs like a knight or DE can.

1:52 PM  
Blogger bazooka joe said...

Oh chris, you always put everything into perspective for me!

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home